Thursday, May 11, 2017

Chicago Marathon: 150 Days To Go

Saw this on Chicago Marathon's FB page:



Since the last "The Mountains are Calling & I Must Go" post, I
  • Passed CADS 1
  • Taught Adaptive Skiing
  • Passed CSIA 1
  • Taught Adaptive Snowboarding
  • Passed CSIA 2
  • Passed AST 1
  • Completed Teaching Children module
  • Completed Terrain Assisted Development module
  • Passed CASI 1
  • Completed Advanced Teaching module
  • Completed All Terrain module
There were also non- snow sports activities, including:
  • Survive the flu (that was week #5, so that's why the blogging had stopped)
  • Road trip to Kicking Horse & Revelstoke (can't stop traveling)
  • Tax returns (was an accountant in my previous life)
  • Tri camp
  • Yoga
  • Pilates
  • Mountain biking
  • OEC
Busy season! And let's not forget the marathon training. I haven't updated in awhile because it took awhile to get "running" in running. LOL (laughing at my own pun)

After a month of consistent running three times a week, I'm starting to feel the flow, get with the groove, etc.



I almost skipped the run today. I was too tired to join the 6:10am group run. Then it was raining cats and dogs all day. Staring at the consistent green dots on Strava for the past month, I found the motivation to go to the gym and run on the treadmill. Notice the double run? Because there's a 30-minute limit on cardio machines. Luckily the gym wasn't too busy, so I was able to hop back on after a quick loo break. TMI? Yes!

Next up? I've been debating whether to run a half marathon or race a 10K in a month. TBD!

No comments:

Post a Comment